Watched the game here on the big screen in the #shed# along with an assortment of Americans Mexicans and Germans. Couldn't manage to get the R5 coverage so not sure how 'wretched' England were. I am going to have to ditch the West Ham hat I've brought. Has anyone said how useless Joe Hart is at anything coming from outside the box?
Breakfast is like that scene in Pleasantville when Reece Witherspoon goes back to the fifties and the breakfast table is piled nigh with calorie + fat -rich food. I was just starting my bowl of Alpen (I thought that was enough..) and they brought some cheese scones with additional cream on, A bowl of steaming 'Pap' which is like mashhed potato and maize, and a plate of scrambled egg and bacon. And toast. It'd take me most of the day to get through it.
On the TV the pundits are Dwight Yorke, Paul Ince, and the man they caption as 'World Cup Winner 1966', that's Terry Paine.
It's half eight so I am off to Sandton to get my tickets, then to Pretoria.
Sunday, 13 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hand of Clod...from NoW
ReplyDeleteSky H ran an ad when Stevie G scored
Lee Dixon seems to have dyed his hair red for the occasion, Jurgen looking good.
I think muttter means itv HD...
ReplyDeleteCan you update on the matches you will be going to, so I know which ones to be watching/following.Though having watched England game the noise resulted in 1/2 time paracetmols. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteJanet
That'll be:
ReplyDeletebrazil v north Korea
Argentina v south Korea
USA v Slovenia
and
holland v Denmark.
But not in that order. I can't remember when they are, you will have to look on your wallchart (which I'm sure you have!)
good luck,
tim
Hello
ReplyDeleteWas the game any good?
I've finished Brighton Rock and frankly I don't get it at all. What is the "worst horror of all" of the last sentence? Mutter says the future, or is it the room, or something in the room (the I-hate-you-you-little-bitch gramophone record?). Rose is a complete idiot, but at leats she didn't kill herself. Ida stops being important doesnt she. And who is this Coelleoni guy?
Actually, you can answer all this when you get back. Enjoy tomorrow's match (Netherlands v Denmark?)
Mim